Organisation and Impact of Sports Funding 2015/2016
The school uses the School Sports Funding of approximately £8,591 along with a further portion of its budget share to ensure high quality physical education and sport is delivered for all of the children which is sustainable and has additional benefits for the children.
CM Sports – accredited and checked by Hampshire County Council
All of the coaches who work in the school have their professional qualifications and their suitability to work with children checked and they are on the Single Central Register for the school.
Staff are timetabled to attend/observe and support PE sessions run by the sports coaches.
The Leadership Team regularly observe sessions on an ad hoc basis and undertake formal observations.
CM Sports also employ a member of our own staff to observe and mentor their coaches in other schools who are using this company.
Activities undertaken throughout the year
- PE lessons are taught alongside school staff and used as training opportunities
- Sports coaches support other curriculum events in school – e.g. Victorian school drill
- Sports coaches used to enhance content of school curriculum and Schemes of Work
- Specialist staff for multi-skills, gym and dance are used throughout the year
- Sport coaches also run after school clubs and lead/attend PE festivals
- Sports coaches support Foundation Stage outdoor physical activity during the school day
- Sports coaches support the delivery of Sports events such as sports days etc
- Sports coaches plan and organise interschool events
Impact to date
- Staff report that their technical knowledge re PE and sports teaching is improved
- Children thoroughly enjoy all PE and sports sessions and are enthused and eager to take part in all types of physical activity
- Pupils’ knowledge and enjoyment of team game activities has improved
- Increased uptake at after school clubs
- All children in Year 1 and Year 2 undertake the BAGFA Gym Awards
- Children have regular access to male role models