We are lucky to have Mrs Thumwood as our Home School Link Worker here at Bidbury Infant School. Mrs Thumwood is our Designated Safeguarding Lead and trained in ELSA. You will nearly always see her on the school gate at morning drop off or afternoon collection. Mrs Thumwood also runs the Family Links course, in conjunction with Barncroft Primary School.
What does a Home School Link Worker do?
- Act as a link between home and school, including making home visits;
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information;
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences;
- Talk with and support children in school and encourage them, through direct contact, to be positive about their future;
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school.
What concerns do I deal with?
I am here to support children and families with a wide range of issues and concerns:
- Home circumstances
- Home-School relationships
We know children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development. My aim is to encourage and maintain a strong, positive partnership between home and school.
If you have any concerns please call into the school and see me or contact me by telephoning the School Office on 02392 483336. If you prefer to get in touch via email please email me directly at email@example.com