School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of our school, demonstrating membership of a school community and pride in representing this community.
All children should wear:
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan – plain shop bought items are acceptable and Bidbury Infant logo items can be bought directly from Brigade Clothing Ltd: https://www.brigade.uk.com/parents/school/BI3031PD/
- White or red polo shirt, with a collar
- Grey smart trousers, skirt or pinafore, or shorts in warm weather
- Red/white checked summer dress in warm weather
- Red/grey/white/black tights or socks
- Smart black shoes with simple fastening and minimal decoration
For PE, children should wear:
- Any T-shirts (Red Bidbury Infant T-shirts are available at the Brigade Clothing link)
- Any shorts
- Any trainers or plimsols
- Any tracksuit bottoms for cold weather
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school.
The exceptions to this rule are:
- plain, simple earring studs in pierced ears (one pair maximum)
- and a watch (not a smart watch).
We ask parents wishing children to have pierced ears to get piercing done at the start of the summer holidays so that earrings can be removed for P.E. lessons from the start of the new term. Where this is not possible, we will ask for the children to either remove earrings during P.E. and games or cover them with masking tape or a plaster to prevent them from causing injury.
The child must be confident to remove earrings themselves as we cannot assist with removal or reinserting. The school cannot accept any responsibility for lost items.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy young adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles or high heels and we do not allow children to wear such shoes in school. We welcome children walking to school in boots or wellies, but once in school, they should change into their normal school shoes and place their boots in a bag on their peg.
All children, girls and boys, are requested to tie hair up where it is long enough to do so. This is for both health and safety reasons and to look smart and ready for school. Hair must be tied up in P.E.
No nail varnish or make up is permitted.